23 décembre, 2005

The Scintillating Journey of Never-ending Intrigue

I. The Search

Searching but seldom finding
Always seeking though no one is hiding
From the firm grasp of the loving
Arms that are ever reaching
For someone, yet not anyone
Can be this one, this one
Who is his joy, for whom he’d run
A thousand miles to her door if when done
She would be that girl, that one,
With whom he could become one
With her, and they would be one.
Together.


II. The Attainment

Strangely comfortable in an ill-fitting sweater
The words flow in a stream of silky smoothness
Like a chocolate river in a candy dream
Intoxicating, yet fully in control of every action
Every reaction is recorded, the mind a step ahead
Anticipating every move of the objective
Countering every defense with the rapier wit
Never failing, always maintaining
An aire of confidence that comes without effort
This is no false pride, no ego-tripping-
Just letting out the inner lion for the prowl.
It seems that the objective senses its fate
For though it does not bow down
The deference is clear.
That is all that is needed.


III. The Life After

The hunt was over
Finally gained the prize
Having won his lover
He gazed into her eyes.
So deep and dreamy
And so bright and blue
Soon he was lost
Not sure what to do.
No help from the others
Still out on their own
Now what should he do?
He can’t leave her alone.
She is so very precious
He cannot comprehend
Her worth- she’s priceless
Some advice I’ll lend:
Take her in your arms
Tell her you’ll never leave
Look deep in her heart
Trust God and believe.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

Germans love the word "interaction", if you wanna be cool, just -somehow -use this word! It fits everywhere...that's why I liked the other one better...more interaction :)

vendredi, décembre 23, 2005 7:37:00 PM  
Blogger The Doctor said...

I'd love to use the word too, but I didn't seem to have a place for it. Perhaps you could demonstrate it?

vendredi, décembre 23, 2005 7:49:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonyme said...

interaction = satisfaction

...I tried...

vendredi, décembre 23, 2005 7:53:00 PM  
Blogger The Doctor said...

I can't get no... 'satisfaction'

vendredi, décembre 23, 2005 8:06:00 PM  
Blogger The Doctor said...

dd- thanks. I needed a good laugh...you always seem to com through for me.

vendredi, décembre 23, 2005 8:07:00 PM  
Blogger The Doctor said...

I mean come through- it looks like "corn" but that doesn't make sense...

btw- the reference is to the Rolling Stones song with the same line.

vendredi, décembre 23, 2005 8:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonyme said...

you make me laugh...
the corn - the reference ........
just keep explaining yourself :) we need that every once in a while...we women

vendredi, décembre 23, 2005 8:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonyme said...

I like hanging out in your blog!It's better than having my own...time difference is a good thing otherwise I would be here all day/night.
I'm off to get some sleep before the feasting starts.

vendredi, décembre 23, 2005 8:34:00 PM  
Blogger The Doctor said...

thanks so much, fraulein. I should try to write something that can give a little more "satisfaction"...

vendredi, décembre 23, 2005 10:13:00 PM  
Blogger S. said...

On the journey/post, sounds vaguely autobiographical? But the advice at the end from the older, more mature speaker rings true.

samedi, décembre 24, 2005 1:11:00 AM  
Blogger The Doctor said...

thanks, bro. that means that I must have said what I wanted to say. It's hard to do that sometimes in a poem, and the third in this set was really hard for me. The first attempt was a lot different and had a lot of forced rhyme and general badness, so I rewrote it altogether.

samedi, décembre 24, 2005 12:23:00 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home