14 juillet, 2005

Proverbial Wisdom

As a man thinks in his heart so is he. The heart is a wonderous thing that God has given to us. It is the very thing that sets us apart. Of course I am not referring to the cardiac muscle and all that, because with modern technology one can get a new heart without any perceivable change in the heart to which I refer. Some people squander their lives on futility and wonder why the heart is never fully satisfied or why it always seems to ache from one wound or another. Though we are all going to have "heartache" sooner or later, now and again, it is clear that some people seem to know how to be both "big-hearted" and how to protect themselves from serious heart-felt wounds.

The wisdom found in the book of Proverbs has been so important to me. Everytime that I check out a chapter or two, I wonder why I haven't memorized all of them. "Keep my commandments and live, and my teaching as the apple of your eye." Pr. 7.2.
Just reading this reminds one that the great God who created us has more wisdom in His choice of what color to make the clouds than I ever will on this earth without His giving it to me. See Proverbs 8:22-36 (click on the title to go there).

Take care of your heart and make sure that you let God make it full and rich as He desires.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

I agree. Nothing fills the heart like its Creator--because no one knows its voids and hungers as well.

Isn't it amazing the way God gives your heart what it needs--but sometimes it's not what you thought you wanted?

By the way, a great book to nourish your heart (besides the Bible and all that) is SHADOW DIVERS. I know it's about war and death and horror but it's also about life and discovery and adventure and finding yourself and your masculine heart. It's an adventure tale that will nourish a man's heart in a way that the most thoughtful words rarely can. Finished it yesterday. I liked it so much, it makes me want to start my own website just to publish reviews of this and other books I like.

Anyway, I recommend it. For Bible reading, my favorite book of the Great 66 is the most maligned and misunderstood, Ecclesiastes. Why does every preacher I hear have to knock it? Frankly, those that do just don't get it. Standing by that comment I remain,

Steven Wales

samedi, juillet 16, 2005 1:58:00 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home