26 novembre, 2005

Is this wrong?

So I came to Washington DC again- this time for Thanksgiving. I had a great time visiting with Kelly and Carter Harkins and her family. I haven't seen her in a long time so it was nice. She is the only friend from high school with whom I am still acquainted (aside from some I know from church anyway). It was really cold too.

Today they left and are now driving back towards Nashville. I on the other hand have come into the city to read, relax, and have some good coffee. But I feel a little weird. Mostly becuase I am blogging in the same coffee house that Trey uses all the time. It is called Murky Coffee.

He doesn't know that I am here though. Is that wrong? Mostly becuase I haven't called him yet. I just drove over, had a bite to eat, and then I came here and started writing. I'll call him soon. I mean, this is his bloggerdom, right?

But to prove he's well-known, I ordered a "dirty chai," which is a chai latte with espresso. When the barista, Nick Cho, asked me if I wanted it really dirty, like Christina-Aguilera-dirty, I said no, that I didn't think I wanted it that dirty, but maybe more like "Trey HIcks dirty." He laughed. And then he added an extra shot of espresso.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

But the biggest question is, why is poor Trey in D.C. for the holidays?
And cleaning house, of all things?
He definitely deserves another chai,whatever that is.
You, however, have had too much coffee. I can tell by your spelling.

samedi, novembre 26, 2005 7:25:00 PM  
Blogger J C said...

not at all - maybe this day was one of those "dennis needs to be alone" days

and why does everybody live for hot tea?

i don't see the attraction - but to each his own

dimanche, novembre 27, 2005 1:06:00 AM  
Blogger The Doctor said...

e, I might be stalking except that I did call Trey and spoke to him, although it was, unfortunately after I had written the post and right when he had to go pickup a friend at the airport. My loss, I'm afraid. Perhaps we'll meet up in Houston around Christmas when we are both down that way...

mama- i'm not sure what that means about my spelling- is it better with coffee?

J- thanks for the idea- my next post will be about that hot tea thing.
and also, I have been having a lot of de facto "dennis needs to be alone days" lately- I'm kind of looking forward to a few "dennis needs to be with his peeps" days...

dimanche, novembre 27, 2005 1:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonyme said...

heh...dennis needs a peep...

dimanche, novembre 27, 2005 3:35:00 PM  
Blogger The Doctor said...

that's funny, as you are one of those so-called "peeps."

dimanche, novembre 27, 2005 3:50:00 PM  
Blogger The Doctor said...

ah, for that piece of vital information, Trey, I am buying you breakfast. I was unaware that they serve breakfast at Brasil. All this time I have been telling people how much I like going there, and I didn't know they serve breakfast.

lundi, novembre 28, 2005 11:27:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonyme said...

Dennis,
I enjoyed getting to meet you and hang out in DC; mainly because you're a cool guy, but also because hanging out in DC with you made Mike Hon jealous! Gee, I wonder how he'll feel over New Year's when you and Basim head our way?

mardi, décembre 06, 2005 4:33:00 PM  
Blogger The Doctor said...

well, I don't know... I mean Morton's isn't exactly Fogo de chao...

mardi, décembre 06, 2005 4:58:00 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home