26 août, 2005

A little rain never hurt anyone, but this?

So I thought that the rain was only bothering me. It rained all the time in my trip to Germany, then more in Italy, and then even more in Switzerland. As it turns out, however, I left just in time. My friend Susann, with whose family I stayed until last Sunday morning, tells me that had I stayed just a while longer I would not have been able to leave even now. The village down the road from her house is flooded, and many of the railways are closed.
Bern, the capitol city, is where I stayed Sunday night. I went for a walk by the river that night in the rain and noticed that it was pretty swift. There was a little break inthe rain in the morning when I walked to the train station. As I left the hostel I was able to see the river raging just down the street. I had no idea that the hostel would soon be flooded. My train was about 12 minutes late, which I found odd, considering I was in Switzerland. The rain seemed endless that trip until I was well into southern France. My mood improved along with the return to sunny skies, but little did I know that Bern was already flooding as I left.

Now I am visiting some friends in Spain and will be going to the beach tomorrow. That should be a lot of fun.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

Wow. Floods and pickpockets. What a vacation!

Enjoy the beach.

samedi, août 27, 2005 10:31:00 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home