03 septembre, 2005

A Voyage to Remember

So I decided to publish an iMix on iTunes. That is where the link will take you if you have the iTunes program. If you don't have it, then it won't do much. I know that many people don't have it, and while I endorse it as the best way to buy music that doesn't clutter up one's shelves with CDs, I know that many people have not yet found it to be "all that."
While in Europe I decided that I could make a playlist of songs that tell the tale of my journey in an interesting way, so I began putting songs on a list. Some made the final cut while others did not, and one must understand that some of those reasons are more personal than others. One song about the rain just did not seem sufficient, while songs that mean a lot to me may not make the cut simply because they might reveal more of my feelings than I would care to do (or might make me look different than I care to appear). Either way, the final list is here. There are a few songs that made the cut but are not available on iTunes, and therefore do not appear in the iMix, but those are indicated. The order is not perfect, but it is the best I could do, and some of the titles seem to suggest something that is not what the lyrics say, so in order to truly understand the list, some songs just need to be heard; the title is merely the bookcover.

Song Name - Artist

Vertigo - U2

Jumping Someone Else's Train - The Cure

A Sight for Sore Eyes - Tom Waits

Nothing Like a Train - Bill Mallonee & Vigilantes of Love

Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head - David Hasselhoff

Another Travelin' Song - Bright Eyes

Travelling Without Moving - Jamiroquai

One of These Days - Doves

Foreign Affair - Tom Waits

Sudden Rush - Erlend Øye

Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps - Cake

Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own - U2

Lost Cause - Beck

I'm So Happy I Can't Stop Crying - Sting

Empty Arms - Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble

I Was Brought to My Senses - Sting

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - U2

Paper Boats - Nada Surf

Goodbye Again - Vertical Horizon

Leaving, On a Jet Plane - John Denver

There Goes the Fear - Doves

Go Tell It On the Mountain - The Blind Boys of Alabama & Tom Waits

Montaña - Gipsy Kings

Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head - Ben Folds Five

Buckets of Rain - Bob Dylan

Poor Wayfaring Stranger - Natalie Merchant

The Great Train Robbery - Azeem, Greans Crew & Hobo Junction

Night Train - Public Enemy

Guess I'm Doing Fine -Beck

Me - Caedmon's Call (from a Guild CD)

I'm a Ramblin' Man - Waylon Jennings

I Will Never Be Normal (After This) - Bill Mallonee & Jake Bradely

No Regrets - Jennifer Knapp

Somewhere Over the Rainbow - Israel Kamakawiwo'ole

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

Have you checked out "Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head" by B. J. Thomas?
Mom

samedi, septembre 03, 2005 12:59:00 PM  
Blogger The Doctor said...

I like that version, but I picked one by David Hasselhoff because he is so popular in Germany. I later picked another version by Ben Folds Five because it is a really different version. I was surprised by the number of versions available on iTunes- near 25. Burt Bacharach was among the others.

samedi, septembre 03, 2005 1:20:00 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home