15 octobre, 2005

Blogging for fun and sport

Reading other blogs has become an interesting pastime for me. I recently read a few entries off a blog that I found through the recommendation of an acquaintance of mine. One thing that I noticed was that he writes in the manner in which I would like to write, if I were simply writing for myself: his writing is candid, like a photograph in time, unposed, and yet full of life.


Maybe I do write that way and it is simply that the subject matter is kept closer to the vest. The fellow whose blog I was reading lays out some details that I might conceal. Is that due to my consideration of my audience, those whom I know already a re reading what I write? Do I automatically censor myself because I don’t want some people to know all the details that I might reveal to others in a more private setting? Is that acceptable? And can I do that while at the same time keep my material fresh, interesting, and engaging?

Some of my blog-buddies are quite good at keeping their blogs interesting though somewhat impersonal. There are others who are almost so personal that I am almost embarrassed to read them, for fear of being too much into their private thoughts. The world of blogging is so interesting in that respect. I have made friends (or so it seems) with some people with whom I am personally unacquainted simply because they are friends with bloggers that I do know. I am even branching beyond those bloggers to acquaint myself with others via cyberspace with bloggers who are friends of my new blogger buddies. The world-wide web is exactly that, and it seems that we are all so very intertwined that one can hardly make a friend without later finding out that they are already related somehow in cyberspace. Crazy world in which we live.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

Yeah, blogging is fun and I'm all for polishing the two R's. But sometimes this Vulcan needs a hug. Oh, and there's this doctor in Virginia with the cutest earlobes. You can't expect me and President Reagan to pull on those things through cyberspace....

(Yes, the Gipper had an earlobe habit.)

samedi, octobre 15, 2005 11:26:00 PM  
Blogger The Doctor said...

thanks, steven for the gesture (and the historical trivia), but I'll tug my own earlobes on your behalf.

e, thank you for your candor. i appreciate the comment. i do try to say what is on my mind, and since i have this habit of wanting to impress (or captivate) my audience sometimes in person, i have to restrain myself a little, knowing that it is not always best to be an open book, though openness is generally better. I guess that the idea I have is that i want to write things on the blog that intice people to come back regularly, hoping to find something that piques their interest, makes them curious about something, entertains them, or at least provides some insight into life that i have that perhaps they have not yet come across. I like to hear that I am achieving that. thanks.

dimanche, octobre 16, 2005 2:32:00 PM  
Blogger The Doctor said...

the other blog is called, one unknown man, and is www.oneunknownman.blogspot.com

sorry- i'm teaching myself html and haven't learned how to do it on the fly...

dimanche, octobre 16, 2005 2:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonyme said...

What about the deep insight you are reaping on the road trip? Wasn't that the thing? Or, is there nothing to be gained from whereever it is you now find yourself?

I'll be in Tyler, Texarkana, Corpus, New Boston, and yes, Hooks, Texas, again this week. I expect to gain insight if at all, only from the books on tape....

dimanche, octobre 16, 2005 10:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonyme said...

I lived with Denise for 5 years or so, (Don't call him that it really irks him) and I will be glad to blog about any "close to the vest" (he doesn't have one) type stuff you'd like to know. For instance he has a Bad Zima habit!
Just post any requests for "vesty" comments on this blog until I get www.blackmail.denn-dennz.edu started.
I hope your not feeling nervous Dr. after all, its all for the vest!

dimanche, octobre 16, 2005 11:54:00 PM  
Blogger The Doctor said...

yes, my former apartment-pal, the vestry is quite close, and I'll thank you to at least blackmail me before publishing things that break the so-called "roommate code" okay?

e, my brother travels a lot because some people have nothing better to do than try to get big companies to pay them a lot of money to never have to work again. He tries to keep that from happening.

lundi, octobre 17, 2005 8:07:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonyme said...

And I'm not actually stopping in Hooks, if I can help it. It's just a sign on the road from Texarkana to New Boston (motel in one, courthouse in the other). But there once was the infamous deposition at a man's home in Hooks, hence the reference--and I remembered you said you were from there.

lundi, octobre 17, 2005 2:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonyme said...

Oh, you are so right not to "tell all." Remember, no matter who is cyberspace is happening upon your blog, I will always get to it eventually, and if that doesn't motivate you to exercise prudence and restraint, what will???
Some things are no one's business (but mine, maybe ;) ) and discretion is always a good idea.
I love you and even some of the songs on your list!
Your Mama

mercredi, octobre 19, 2005 1:46:00 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home