17 octobre, 2005

Tagged!

So my blog-buddy Erika tagged me with the job of listing a bunch of songs that I like. At first I thought maybe I was being given a Tag watch, but no such luck. I tracked it back and found that it was initially supposed to be a list of songs that one was currently listening to that meant something to the person, no matter the genre or whathaveyou. So I'll take some peotic license and make it just a nice little list (unlike the one from several weeks ago). Too bad there are no "Go Astros, Win it All" songs...

So here goes (with commentary):

Homer's Barbershop Quartet- from Songs in the Key of Springfield (just fun)

I'm Glad You're Mine- Al Green (well, there's hope anyway)

Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)- The Arcade Fire (in fact the whole album)

Smoke- Ben Folds Five

Go Tell it on the Mountain (featuring Tom Waits)- The Blind Boys of Alabama (any combo with TW is good)

Shiver- Coldplay (sounds like? -- Jeff Buckley)

The Mariner's Revenge Song- The Decemberists (The Count of Monte Cristo in 8 minutes)

One of These Days- Doves (the title says it all)

That Was Another Country- The innocence Mission (mmmmmm, another country)

Teardrop- Massive Attack (also noted for being the theme to new Fox medical show- House, M.D.)

Paper Boats- Nada Surf (good and painful at the same time)

Nightingale- Norah jones (my favorite of hers)

Rhapsodie- Over the Rhine (I could listen to it for hours on headphones)

Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own- U2 (well, that's what they say)

I Was Brought to my Senses- Sting (in my top 10)

All I want is You- U2 (why can't I write this stuff?)

I Still Haven't Found what I'm Looking For- U2 (the truth doesn't hurt that bad)

I'm a Ramblin' Man- Waylon Jennings (does anyone call me "The Man of Joy" in Alabama? That'd be cool)

Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain- Willie Nelson (a Texas Hymn)

Vocalise, Opus 34, No. 14- Sergei Rachmaninoff (one of the best songs I know)

Adagio for Strings- Samuel Barber (mostly known from the Platoon soundtrack- it's like Prozac for the ears)

Better Days- Robbie Seay Band (just a really good sounding song of hope)


At this point I suppose I should "tag" someone- I'd tag Sploosh, but he has yet to get so involved (though he might respond with a nice list in the comments). So I suppose I'll tag Dovie and mth. The request is for 5 songs that are really meaningful to you right now, but I can't say I've heard all those songs in the last few weeks, so do whatever you like.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

You sound like a cool guy, we should jam sometime!

mardi, octobre 18, 2005 2:22:00 AM  
Blogger The Doctor said...

sorry, Marcy, but I hear you are too into your cat- and I have such bad allergies!

mardi, octobre 18, 2005 7:51:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonyme said...

Once again, where do you come up with this stuff? Of course, I like 80%. I credit RBB with the rest. He's so weird, you know? (But when I ran that theory by him a while back, he hedged.) In fact, Sploosh gave you credit for inciting several of HIS new bad habits.

Speaking of you and him, I just bought an old Carly Simon cd of all things. The words to "You're So Vain" are clever. It's all just a lot of good poetry. I can't accept her use of the word "gavotte" however. That's unforgivable.

Willie Nelson rules all. And Waylon.

Also, since this is the one and only blog I will ever visit, I chose a name. Racer X. The mysterious figure hiding around the bend, looking out for his speedy kid brother, then disappearing again into the cold, dark, lonely streets. Or maybe, he had to go home to his wife and kids. That'd be cool too. I loved that show....

By the way, I have no blog nor bloggish aspirations. But my bio and etc (sorry Dennis) is listed at www.americanfreedom.org

I won't plug it again. Shameless, huh?

SW

mardi, octobre 18, 2005 11:00:00 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home